Gamil Design is looking for a detail-oriented Technical Product Designer. We don’t want pretty pictures of theoretical items. We want research on the NEEDS of outdoor gear and imagination on how innovative products can be MADE so they optimize materials and processes and become market leaders in the largest of retailers.
Candidate must have the following skills
• industrial design degree and some engineering coursework
• 2 years of experience in product development
• great drawing and concepting abilities
• works expertly in illustrator and excel
• full familiarity in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
• manufacturing experience in a variety of materials
• comfortable in both mac and PC environments.
Ideal candidate also has the following skills
• able to create production-ready bill of materials
• creating and reading 2D technical drawings with an understanding of tolerances
• great communication skills
• basic understanding of plastic moldmaking
• works well with local and distant team members
• sourcing materials
• understanding of quality control procedures
• community minded
• outdoors-oriented lifestyle
Gamil is a design consultancy focused on launching inventive products, brands and events for clients worldwide. Gamil has garnered international recognition for its creative projects, including work that has been nominated for a Grammy, featured by ID magazine, and recognized by local press for community activism. Our office resides within the dynamic work space of Designbox, a collective in downtown Raleigh which Gamil founded and is home to many other leading creative professionals.
Relocation fees are not included in this position.
Submit letter, resume, and portfolio in a single PDF. Files larger than 5 MB will be bounced.